Sponsored Projects Finance (SPF) provides principal investigators and their administrators with post-award financial administration support services for sponsored programs such as the submission of financial status reports to sponsors, billing of sponsors, collection of payment from sponsors, and application of cash to projects upon receipt.
Our responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining relationships with sponsoring agency officials on matters related to the administration of sponsored programs.
• Providing efficient and effective post-award accounting services to faculty and administrators, including the review and approval of non-salary cost transfers over 90 days and the closeout of projects.
• Facilitating compliance with both sponsor and University policies related to the post-award administration of sponsored programs.
• Negotiating conflicts that arise between investigators, sponsors, and the University involving post-award financial matters.
• Developing and delivering training materials to the University community related to the post-award management of sponsored programs.
• Assisting with all audits of sponsored programs.
SPF is comprised of four teams:
CUMC Team –
Responsible for providing services for the post-award administration of sponsored programs such as financial reporting, billing, and closing projects for faculty and their administrators based on the CUMC campus.
Morningside Team –
Responsible for providing services for the post-award administration of sponsored programs such as financial reporting, billing, and closing projects for faculty based on the Morningside and Lamont campuses.
Letter of Credit Team –
Responsible for obtaining reimbursement of expenditures from the Federal Government on all Letter of Credit (LOC) awards, and filing quarterly Federal Financial Reports.
Responsible for supporting the other teams with cash application and collection services and monitoring accounts receivable.