Columbia University’s research, service, and academic activities span the globe, making key contributions in virtually every region of the world. Yet globalization presents many operational and administrative challenges. This website provides a consolidated point of access for guidance and tools to help enable the Columbia community to more easily pursue and manage global opportunities.
menu to the left
Each numbered tab expands on subjects that should be considered before going outside the U.S. :
(2) defines activities according to the length of time that they will require in another country;
(3) describes issues that should be considered in creating a program or in anticipation of your departure;
(4) addresses immediate needs once you are physically in country and ready to start your work;
(5) describes the process for securing expertise that might be needed;
(6) describes the process (when needed) for establishing an outpost in that location;
(7) contains links with a short explanation regarding their purpose.
Throughout these pages we include contacts and resources specific to each topic. If you can't find what you need or for crosscutting questions or feedback, email Global Support.
Refer to Columbia's Administrative Support to learn more about university resources behind globalization.