The Medical and Laboratory Team manages a wide array of commodities in support of Columbia University’s Laboratory, Research and Medical Schools and Departments. Many of the services managed by our team are supported by UwPA Agreements and Department Select Agreements as well as some additional approved suppliers. All Schools, Departments and Clinical Facilities are strongly encouraged to use UwPA Agreements as their primary supplier resource for their goods and services needs.
In the event a good or service is not covered by a UwPA, the Medical and Laboratory Team can provide sourcing assistance through competitive sourcing.
It is important to note that when vendors are providing services on site at any and all Columbia locations, their Certificate of Insurance (COI) is required prior to coming on site to initiate those services.
MEDICAL AND LABORATORY COMMODITIES
• UwPA Vendor, Department will process an Auto Sourced PO
• Department will obtain quote(s) from vendor and upload with requisition and confirm requisition vendor address matches the quote
• Department will ensure vendor is validated in Vendor Mgt prior to issuing requisition
• Department will create requisition and provide all required information including vendor email,
• For onsite engagements, Department will secure COI
• Department will submit Sole/Single Source Justification when required to support vendor selection. For orders over $2,500, 2 competitive quotes are required. For orders over $10,000, 3 competitive quotes are required
• For Foreign Vendors, department will conduct Currency Conversion Check (if not in US$’s)
• Department will conduct an EPLS check for all foreign vendors
• Department will properly receive purchases and upload documentation in support of requisitions
• Department will process invoices in a timely manner once purchase is received
Prior Approvals Required:
1. Controlled Substances
Must upload DEA License & NY State License for Researcher who will be using items. Also RASCAL training certificate for Researcher must be attached as well.
Prior approval required from Radiation Safety Office. All radioactive materials must be delivered directly to the Radiation Safety Office where it will be checked, logged in, and surveyed for any contamination, prior to Department receipt of items.
3. Refrigerators &Freezers
Prior approval from Environmental Health & Safety. Must complete form and send to EHS prior to sending Requisition to Purchasing.
Must complete Laser form and send to EHS prior to sending Requisition to Purchasing, also upload signed form with Requisition documentation for approval. This form is only necessary if purchasing a laser category class 3B & 4A or greater. http://www.ehs.columbia.edu/LaserRegistrationForm.pdf
All international shipments must be cleared through an International Customs Broker authorized by the University through a valid Power of Attorney - Contact Michael Reich for assistance.
Customs Broker Details:
Horizon Air Freight
152 -15 Rockaway Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11434 Ext. 119
Tel: 1 718 528 3800
Fax: 1 718 949 0655
Contact James Gassert – Terminal Manager