Transfering Equipment

The relocation of a PI to another institution sometimes involves the transfer of equipment to that institution.

The Equipment Inventory Adjustment Form is used to request the transfer of equipment to another institution. 

Once approved, the Controller's Office will provide the receiving institution with a listing of the equipment, requiring that organization to acknowledge receipt and to accept responsibility for the equipment. 

The Controller's Office will obtain any necessary approval of the transfer from the sponsor.

Before shipment, any University or government identification must be removed from the equipment.

The transferee institution is responsible for all transportation costs.

If there is any inconsistency between University policies and the terms of the grant or contract under which equipment was funded, the terms of the grant or contract govern.


See the Buildings, Equipment and Capital Assets site for detailed info.

See tabs at left for Transfer Funds, Non-Salary Costs, & Salary Costs.