Submitting Labor Accounting Forms

When to Use a Labor Accounting Form vs. Using Online PAC LA

When possible, you should use the PAC LA system for all labor accounting transactions (i.e. all salary distributions, add-comps and cost transfers). However, there are certain situations where you will need to submit a Service Now form to Payroll Accounting.  Here they are:


LA - Salary Distribution/Add-Comp Form should be used for any Salary Distributions or Add Comps that you are unable to accomplish in the PAC Labor Accounting system.  View Form >>

Examples of when to submit a form include:


Salary Distribution Transactions

• Stipends/Fellowships 

• To redirect fringe to an alternate combo-code.


Additional Compensation Transactions

(Note: Morningside and CUMC Campuses require appropriate approvals)


• To immediately stop an add comp payment due in the current pay period.

• To retroactively change use of an add comp earnings code (i.e. to change a payment that was made as benefits ineligible [009] to one that should have been benefits eligible [007] due to a continuation of additional duties that exceeds 8 months total). Can only be done during calendar year (Jan - Dec15th)

• To retroactively change the payment composition of an add comp transaction (i.e. for a clinical faculty member, to change salary amounts already paid on 005 and 004).  Can only be done during calendar year (Jan - Dec15th)

• To pay an add comp more than 75 days retroactively

• To pay an add comp to an employee who is on a tax treaty

• To pay an add comp to an Hourly Officer

• Payments that cannot be accomplished electronically in PAC, such as:

→ terminated employees or position change
→ unpaid leave of absence


LA - Cost Transfer ServiceNow Form should be used for Cost Transfers only if you are unable to use the PAC Labor Accounting module to complete the transaction.  View Form >>

The following is required for all Cost Transfers prior to submitting the form:

• Appropriate detailed back-up documentation (i.e. FDS Detailed Payroll Report or PAC Payroll Actuals Report)

• Confirm that combo codes / projects are active and valid – not ended

• Percentages must not exceed 100%


Examples of when to submit a form include:


 • Cost Transfers on grant projects (GG, PG) “over 90 days” require detailed justification in addition to active and valid end dates.These cost transfers will be forwarded to RPIC for approval prior to being processed by Payroll Labor Accounting. Note the following exceptions:

→ Terminated employees

→ Departments with no access to an employees’ specific record number

 • Accounting transactions for casual employees outside of their administrative department

 • Retroactive cost transfers originally generated by a Time Entry form (or in FFE Casual & Support Staff Time Entry module).

• To transfer funds due to salary adjustments as requested by the grant award for fiscal year periods outside the allowable (current FY and one prior FY) time frame for departments to process via PAC LA

 • Terminated employees

 • Employees with more than one (1) EMPL RCD for which the department does not have access to the specific record. This includes cost transfers to be posted to and from foreign departments outside the access of the administrative department . Authorized approval signatures are required for all parties.

• To clear suspense on stipend/fellowships or to change the combo code (combo code must include natural account 6xxxx)


For FFE Payroll Functions

All additional payments for Union and Non Union Support Staff and Casuals including OT or Shift Differentials will continue to be handled in the FFE Casual & Support Staff Time Entry module.  View training course.  



Please contact the HR Service Center at (212) 851-2888 for more information.