Click here to download a copy of the Columbia University Policy on Endowment and Gift Fund Administration and Compliance.
The Columbia University Policy on Endowment and Gift Fund Administration and Compliance became effective May 1, 2008 and was updated July 1, 2012, December 2013 and December 2016. As you are aware, Columbia University and its employees have an ongoing legal and institutional responsibility with respect to the proper management, administration, and compliance of endowment and gift funds. We have implemented a uniform set of policies that describe the appropriate use of endowment and gift funds and outline the roles and responsibilities for endowment and gift administration and compliance.
The purpose of this policy is to set forth principles and procedures that are designed to ensure the compliance by the University with its responsibility to properly manage and administer the University’s endowment and gift funds.
Who Should Know This Policy
- Deans, Department Chairs, Directors of Institutes, Centers, and other University units
- Departmental Administrators and other departmental staff
- All University faculty and staff with signing authority over one or more endowment or gift funds
- All University employees with financial, administrative and reporting responsibility with respect to endowment or gift funds
- Office of the Controller staff
- Office of the General Counsel staff
- Office of Alumni & Development staff
Responsible University Office & Officer
Office of the Controller
Jacqueline Erickson, Director, Endowment Administration and Compliance
Related Policies and Guidelines
Below are links to related Gift and Endowment Policies.