Check Pick-Up special requests should only be used in exceptional circumstances and must be approved by a designated Senior Business Officer (see list below), and then reviewed by Accounts Payable. Note: Call for pick up should not be used for vendor checks. Any vendor check with a pick up request will require validation by vendor.
Allowable Reasons to Request Check Pick-Up
- Urgent payment
- Payment that must be hand delivered
- Payment requiring a one-time enclosure document process (note: vendors that categorically require enclosure documents should be set up for Enclosure Document Check Handling.
- Payments to New York City, New York State, U.S. Government Agencies
Steps to Request Check Pick-Up
- Department determines there is an exceptional circumstance that warrants the check to be picked- up
- Fill out Check Pick-Up Request Form (See Job Aid for detailed instructions)
- University Senior Business Officer (SBO) reviews fully filled out Check Pick-Up Request Form then signs if deemed appropriate
- Department creates an Incident in ServiceNow, attaches signed Check Pick-Up Request Form
- Request is evaluated by AP and responded to within 24 hours (Approval/Denial provided to department with cc: to SBO)
- Department verifies appropriate handling code is entered on payment tab of ARC voucher prior to submitting for approvals. Note: Marking handling code alone will not make a check available for pick up
- Department sends individual to designated check pick-up location (see below) to sign for and retrieve check (ID required). Note: Individuals involved in processing or approving voucher are not permitted to pick up the check - ID required.
Studebaker Check Pick-Up Hours
Monday - Friday 3:00 - 4:30 PM
Studebaker Building, 622 W 132nd Street
3rd Floor Reception - Check Window
CUMC Check Pick-UP Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2:00 - 4:00 PM
P&S Building, Room 2-460
* Hours may be adjusted during holidays or weather-related school closures. Call the Finance Service Desk for info.