The Purchasing Department works directly with the various schools and departments to identify sourcing opportunities and strategies that meet their respective operational and financial goals. We are divided into the following four teams to assist you:
Construction SourcingFor information on construction, engineering, waste removal, etc.
Go to About Us to learn more.
UwPA's are suppliers that have been awarded a University contract through a competitive or negotiated process managed by Central Purchasing and maintain a “Preferred” supplier status at Columbia. This “Preferred” status affords the University community easier access to these suppliers through designated customer service and sales representatives as well as the ability to place orders at higher transaction limits that do not require Purchasing review or approval. Other benefits of utilizing a UwPA are enhanced service levels and better than competitive pricing. The use of UwPA's is strongly recommended at Columbia and can be found through the Purchasing Guide.
If you are a new supplier seeking to conduct business with the University, please go to Vendor Management to learn how to be validated by Columbia. Note that only specific University officers with designated contract signing authority are authorized to enter into contracts with suppliers. Learn more ...
If you are an existing vendor and are looking for the status of a payment, please contact the University department representative that obtained your services or see the How to Follow Up on Payments page. Use the Vendor/Payee Request Web Form to make any modifications to your information.
For other questions or problems, please contact the Finance Service Center.
Procurement Vendor Fairs
March 9th at Lerner Hall (Morningside) and March 23rd at the Armory (CUMC)
- Please join us at these exclusive University events, where you will have a chance to access and interact with the University's Preferred Vendors to further understand their product & service offerings.
- A valid University ID is required for entrance to the fairs as well as to receive your Columbia University Vendor Fair tote bag. Additionally, you can enter for an opportunity to win one of many raffle prizes avaialble to our customer attending each of these wonderful events.
- For more information, please visit http://finance.columbia.edu/content/2016-vendor-fair.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- ARC Processing
- Category Codes and Descriptions for ARC
- Change Orders
- Cost/Price Analysis Primer
- Following Up on Payments
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Competitive Sourcing Matrix (updated 7/2017)
- RFQ/RFP Guidelines
- Procurement EDM Web Form (uploads and status inquiries)
- Procurement Mechanism Guide
- Purchasing Overview
- Purchasing Policies
- Purchasing Process QuickGuide
- Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Single/Sole Source - Competitive Purchasing
- SpeedChart Overview
- Standard University Terms and Conditions
- Staples Advantage Setup QuickGuide
- Uniform Guidance for Procurement
News & Info
Advance Relocation is no longer a Columbia UwPA (Contact Purchasing for details)
(Please also refer to the Procurement Mechanism Guide)
Use this interactive guide for finding a product/service or vendor along with helpful information on how to procure these goods or services. Follow this link to browse, or search in the box below.
ARC tool kit
Click on the tool kit button for everything you need to get started in Accounting & Reporting at Columbia (ARC), including training and support.
Selected quicklinks below are also helpful for system access and related resources.
ARC System Access
- ARC Tools and Codes
- ARC Account List
- ARC Department Tree
- Budget Checking Error Job Aid
- Match Exceptions Job Aid
Click on the Global Support button for helpful information on administrative matters related to Columbia University’s work outside the U.S.