- ORGANIZING AN EVENT?
If you want to use credit card payments for a Columbia event, do not request a Columbia Merchant Account. Instead, contact Columbia University Events at email@example.com.
FOR prospective MERCHANTS
PLEASE NOTE: NO NEW MERCHANT ACCOUNT REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED MAY 1ST - JULY 31ST 2018
What kind of merchant account are you seeking?
- Choose this method if the credit card and cardholder will be physically present at the time of the sale.
- Card present transactions are processed using either a stand-alone terminal with a dial-up phone connection, a handheld terminal with a cellular connection, or some other approved point-to-point encryption solution.
By Mail Order or Phone Order (card is not present)
- Choose this method if you will be collecting credit card information from the cardholder over the telephone or via mail order forms.
- The Merchant must process the transaction manually by keying the cardholder's information and transaction details into a University-approved Payment Gateway or into one of the in-person, point-of-sale terminal solutions described above.
- Choose this method if you will never be in contact with cardholder data, and instead will direct the cardholder to enter their own credit card data online, through a secure, University approved website.
- The cardholder enters their own cardholder data and submits payment online through a secure website hosted outside of Columbia servers.
- The Merchant is never in contact with cardholder data using this method.