- ORGANIZING AN EVENT?
If you want to use credit card payments for a Columbia event, do not request a Columbia Merchant Account. Instead, contact Columbia University Events at email@example.com.
FOR prospective MERCHANTS
What kind of merchant account are you seeking?
Choose the account type below that best meets your needs.
- The credit card is physically present at the time of the sale.
- To process the transaction, one of the following point-of-sale methods is used: a stand-alone terminal with a dial-up phone connection, a handheld terminal with a cellular connection, or another approved point-to-point encryption solution.
- The Merchant collects credit card information from the cardholder over the telephone or via mail order.
- The Merchant must process the transaction manually by keying the cardholder's information and transaction details into a University-approved Payment Gateway or into one of the in-person, point-of-sale terminal solutions described above.
- The Merchant directs the cardholder to an online, Columbia University-hosted site or to a third party-hosted site.
- The cardholder enters their own cardholder data and submits payment online through a secure website hosted outside of Columbia servers.
- The Merchant is never in contact with cardholder data using this method.