Emergency Steps for the Eligible Traveler
In case of an emergency, contact ISOS’s local alarm center. Their phone numbers are:
Scholastic Members: 1 215 942 8478
Philadelphia +1 215 942 8226 ·
London +44 20 8762 8008 ·
Singapore +65 6338 7800
These numbers are also located on the front of your ISOS card.
A caller must provide the following information to the ISOS alarm center:
- • Caller’s name and relationship to Columbia University or relationship to eligible Columbia traveler
- • Eligible Columbia traveler’s name, location, age, sex, and nationality
- • School or department with which the eligible traveler is associate
- • Our International SOS membership number: #11BSGC000064; (this number is also found on the front of your ISOS card)
- • Telephone number of where you can be reached
- • Name, location, and telephone number of doctor, hospital, or clinic (if applicable)
ISOS has been instructed to first contact Columbia University's authorized persons/first responders.
Lastly, if the authorized persons/first responders are not available, ISOS has ben instructed to contact the Columbia Universty Public Safety at (212) 854-5555, as it is 24/7 operation on campus. Public Safety will route the call or message to the appropriate school/department/program ISOS Program Coordinator.
The first responders will work with ISOS for immediate emergency actions and will act as a liasion for the University. After receiving all pertinent facts from the local ISOS team, the first respondrs will disseminate to all appropriate University personnel. If the traveler requres medical attention, the first responders will bring health services into all discussions.
Dean, Department Head, or ISOS Program Coordinator will contact the traveler's family and take over case management after the immediate emergency has been addressed.