Individuals interested in becoming a Cardholder must have the approval of their Department P-Card Administrator (DPAD). In-person hands-on training is required before a card is issued. In addition, Cardholders must complete the Reconciling P-Card Transactions web-based training once directed to do so by ARC Security.
To apply for a P-Card, Cardholder Role:
- User (cardholder) completes the Financial Systems Security Application available through Service Now. (Please check all P-Card roles that apply, e.g., Cardholder, Reconciler, Reviewer or Approver.) Note: Most cardholders are also reconcilers- please ensure both roles are selected on the form
- Security Application is routed to DAF Administrator for approval
- Once the DAFFEE grants approval, the security form is routed to the ARC Secuirty Team for review and notification of any ARC required trainings for requested roles.
- Once the training is successfully completed, the P-Card Team is notified via ServiceNow that a P-Cardholder Role has been assigned
- P-Card Team generates an “auto” email to the user inviting the user to complete the online P-Card application
- The user completes the application indicating they require a card, also indicating any special privileges (food or hotel)
- User must designate the appropriate reconcilers and approvers assigned to the User’s P-Card
- The application is routed to the appropriate Departmental P-Card Administrator (DPAD) based upon the user’s home department
- Application is returned to the P-Card Team for processing
- Once application is fully processed, Cardholders is invited to instructor-led hands-on P-Card Holder Training. Note: Please DO NOT sign up for this training until you receive an invitation from the P-Card team, which signifies your application has been completely processed.
- Cardholder attends hands-on P-Card Holder Training and receives P-Card at the conclusion of Training
- Cardholder will also need to complete the Reconciling P-Card Transactions web-based training and receive atleast a 90% on the related knowledge assessment.
Questions? Contact the P-Card Team
Individuals requiring ARC Role(s) of Reconciler, Reviewer or Approver must have the approval of a DAFEE Administrator. Reconcilers, Reviewers and Approvers are required to complete the Reconciling P-Card Transactions web-based training once directed to do so by ARC Security.
To apply for an ARC P-Card Role (Reconciler, Reviewer or Approver):
- User (Reconciler, Reviewer, and Approver) completes the Financial Systems Security Application available through Service Now http://finance.columbia.edu/content/finance-service-center
- Security Application is routed to DAFFEEAdministrator for approval
- ARC Security directs user to complete the Reconciling P-Card Transactions web-based training. User must score 90% or above to be granted the ARC role.
- Once training is completed, ARC Security grants user the ARC role (allow 3-4 days).
- P-Card DPAD submits a request to the P-Card Team to add Reconciler, Reviewer, or Approver to assigned card(s).
Questions? Contact the P-Card Team
Modifications to a user's P-Card privileges must be requested by the user's DPAD. A DPAD may request modifications such as:
- Change in monthly cycle limit
- Addition of local hotel privilege
- Addition of food privilege
To make a modification request, the DPAD must submit the request to the P-Card Team. The DPAD should include the cardholder's name, uni and the requested modification. Once the modifications have been completed, the P-Card Team will notify the DPAD.