University Trustee meetings are held each quarter: March, June, October, December
Monthly Lobbying Disclosures are due on the 10th of every month (or the next business day if the 10th falls on a weekend).
Federal: quarterly: April 20th, July 20th, October 20th, January 20th
New York State: bi-monthly: January 15, March 15, May 15, July 15, September 15, November 15
New York City: quarterly: January 15, March 15, May 15, July 15, September 15, November 15
Internal Audit Awareness Month
May is International Internal Audit Awareness Month. This presents an opportunity to remind the campus community about the role of the profession.
Internal auditors are tasked to:
- Validate how effective the University’s internal controls are (learn about internal controls)
- Verify information or suspicions regarding activities like mismanagement, waste, and fraud
- Serve as a safety net for their organization
- Keep an eye on ethics
- Uncover organization misbehavior
- Determine what’s working and what’s not
- Assess risks
- Raise red flags and blow the whistle