International activities will require University departments to make and receive payments in another country, often by different means or with additional steps than are regularly used domestically. Although there are several options, not all are available in some international locations and all should be carefully considered within the parameters of a particular host country.
Some web resources outside Columbia that could be helpful in assessing parameters within a host country include:
- Country Information (U.S. Department of State)
- Includes very helpful country-specific information, advice and resources for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S.
- Travel and Living Abroad (British Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
- Includes very broad country-specific information for travelers.
- IRC - Country Profiles (NACUBO)
- The International Resource Center (IRC) of NACUBO (National Association of College and University Business Officers) provides a framework and information to higher education institutions for conducting activities abroad. Within the site, the "Country Profiles" section includes details on how to do business in 30 countries.
- Guide to Doing Business (Lex Mundi)
- Lex Mundi is a network of 160 member law firms in more than 120 countries. The Guides to Doing Business are prepared by Lex Mundi's member firms and provide general information about each jurisdiction's legal and business infrastructures.